We had the King Family Reunion in Antimony this year. I love visiting Antimony. I believe it is one of the most wonderful places in the world. It's beautiful! I haven't been there since my grandpa died two years ago. I just love how peaceful it is there. Jon was loving the fact that there was no cell phone service. He was in need of a break. My Aunt Polly's family was in charge this year and they had so many fun activities planned. We stayed in a cabin just down the street from Grandma King's house.The highlight was the mule "White Lightning". His name is ironic because he was so mellow. You could walk underneath him. Kids were on and off of him all day and He didn't even need a saddle. Cole fell off once and also got his eye scratched when White Lightning walked under a tree branch. However, that didn't stop Him.
We had a talent show and my kids sang "The cat came back." Bree dressed up like a cat and danced around. We watched a video of the last 20 years of reunions. It brought back so many memories. Lake Powell was my favorite past reunion.
We had a horseshoes contest. Uncle Bruce and I were on the same team. He was so competitive it was hilarious. Every time we would get a point He would dance around. We got beat by Eugene and Mellisa. But it was soooo close. They went on to win the whole thing. We had a tug-o-war with all the guys. In-laws against the out-laws. The out-laws won! I said it was because they had more weight behind them.
Riley and Jeremy had fun playing basketball.
The kids enjoyed jumping in the blow up toy. It had a huge slide. They played Volleyball, Basketball and Pool. They had a craft table and Bree and Madison spent a lot of time there. The last day they had an auction and we bought things to help put money into our reunion fund.
It was a blast catching up with all my cousins. And it was fun to see my younger cousins, who I've never gotten a chance to know, play so well with my kids. It was a weekend we will never forget.
Cole keeps asking, "When are we going back?"
My Poem For Grandma King
Dear Grandma,
I really don’t know where to start.
Memories with you I hold close to my heart.
You made me feel special in your unique ways.
Always there for me on all important days.
My birthdays, my baptism, graduation and prom.
And Miss Utah where I sang that ridiculous song.
Some of my favorite memories always will be,
Our family reunions, which meant so much to me.
Lake Powell where you pulled, I mean braided our hair.
We all looked Chinese but we didn't care.
Grandpa talked you into being pulled by a boat.
On a long yellow tube that you thought would just float.
It wasn’t long before we, in the boat, made you flip.
To me that was the best memory of all of our trips.
I always knew when we would round the bend,
Our journey to Grandma’s was almost to end.
The swing in the backyard, the old barn too.
The flowers, the dogs, the great mountain view.
The horse rides, the Merc, the mighty skunk smell.
The garden, the trees and the silver porch rail.
Salsa, apple jelly, mashed potatoes just for me.
Are just a few things I love about Antimony.
Grandma thank you for:
The love, hugs and kisses and the most wonderful thing
The great sense of belonging I felt as a King.
You’re the Best! I love you.
Mindy
I really don’t know where to start.
Memories with you I hold close to my heart.
You made me feel special in your unique ways.
Always there for me on all important days.
My birthdays, my baptism, graduation and prom.
And Miss Utah where I sang that ridiculous song.
Some of my favorite memories always will be,
Our family reunions, which meant so much to me.
Lake Powell where you pulled, I mean braided our hair.
We all looked Chinese but we didn't care.
Grandpa talked you into being pulled by a boat.
On a long yellow tube that you thought would just float.
It wasn’t long before we, in the boat, made you flip.
To me that was the best memory of all of our trips.
I always knew when we would round the bend,
Our journey to Grandma’s was almost to end.
The swing in the backyard, the old barn too.
The flowers, the dogs, the great mountain view.
The horse rides, the Merc, the mighty skunk smell.
The garden, the trees and the silver porch rail.
Salsa, apple jelly, mashed potatoes just for me.
Are just a few things I love about Antimony.
Grandma thank you for:
The love, hugs and kisses and the most wonderful thing
The great sense of belonging I felt as a King.
You’re the Best! I love you.
Mindy
No comments:
Post a Comment