Friday, October 31, 2008

The Red Hills

When I was young I loved to hike in the red hills above my hometown of Richfield. Looking over our little valley was always something that would bring me peace. In October when we were visiting my parents my boys and I went on a hike with Mike, Ryan and Dianna. We hiked up to bulls head ( a rock that looks like a bull). It was a beautiful day. And Cole was happy that we found 5 lizards.
I have proof that I hiked up there in 1988. We found my name and my dad's name with 1988 next to them. Funny thing, I can't even remember carving it into the rock.
You have to conquer "Lemon Squeeze". It's a narrow passage going straight up!

We made it. We're on top of the world.




1 comment:

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

yipee!!! I would not have been able to do lemon squeeze - too scary!